It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 am 
Hey guy's. I am currently doing some research on various documentaries that claim to have "refuted" Zeitgeist Part 1 so I may be able to write up a critique on each of them. In regards I might some help so I was wondering if anyone might be willing to point me in the right direction in case if I can't find much.

The film I am working on in researching is Zeitgeist: Spirit of the Age Refuted:
Code:
http://video.%20google.%20com/videoplay?docid=7572663630528394775&ei=HSxdS-uZJp2iqAP10_TqAg&q=zeitgeist+spirit+of+the+age&hl=en&view=3#

I do realize that this is an old version but because it is, the newer one actually draws at least a third of its information from the previous video. Thanks everyone, appreciate any help you guys might be able to give.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

The anti-Zeitgeist and anti-Acharya videos, blogs, etc are addressed here in several different threads, you'll just have to look around.

Keep in mind that there are way more of them, i.e. Christians (& even a few loony atheists), than there are of us, so it's not easy keeping up with all the trash out there. It's very time consuming trying to address all the nonsense. We can always use more help just trying to set the record straight, if nothing else. So, I'm here and happy to help out however I can. I'd be more motivated to address more of these issues with more help from others too. So, bring it on!

Zeitgeist Refuted was written & directed by Elliott Nesch.

OLD VERSION at 54:00 ish, loves to claim:
Quote:
"42 authors mention Jesus within 150 years of his life.

9 traditional authors of the N.T.:

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, author of Hebrews, James, Peter, Jude

20 early Christian writers outside the N.T.:

Clement of Rome, 2 Clement, Ignatius, Polycarp, Martyrdom of Polycarp, Didache, Barnabas, Shepard of Hermes, fragments of Papias, Justin Martyr, Aristides, Athenagoras, Theophilus of Antioch Quadratus, Aristo of Pella, Melito of Sardis, Dhognetus, Gospel of Peter, Apocalypse of Peter, Epistula Apostolorum

4 heretical writings:

Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Truth, Apocryphon of John, treatise on resurrection

9 secular sources:

Josephus, Tacitus, Pliny the Younger, Phlegon, Lucian, Celsus, Mara Bar-Serapion, Suetonius, Thallus.

It's not always just what devotees say that is wrong it can often be what they don't say. For example, not a single one of the "42 authors" ever met Jesus while he was alive. The four canonical Gospel writers were all anonymous until the names Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were added as authors late in the 2nd century. There is no contemporary eyewitness testimony for Jesus at all whatsoever. Nobody ever wrote about Jesus during his lifetime and the canonical gospels didn't exist as we have them today until around 180CE - that is what the literary and historical records show i.e. evidence that actually exists.

Ten Reasons to Reject the Apologetic 10/42 Source Slogan

Even top Christian NT scholars disagree that there's credible evidence for the historical existence of Jesus:

Quote:
"One would naturally expect that the Lord Jesus Christ would be sufficiently important to receive ample notice in the literature of his time, and that extensive biographical material would be available. He was observed by multitudes of people, and his own followers numbered into the hundreds (1 Cor. 15:6), whose witness was still living in the middle of the first century. As a matter of fact, the amount of information concerning him is comparatively meager. Aside from the four Gospels, and a few scattered allusions in the epistles, contemporary history is almost silent concerning him."

- Merrill C. Tenney

- Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ (WWJ) 85-86

* Dr. Tenney is a conservative evangelical Christian who was a professor of Theological Studies and the dean of the school of Theology at Wheaton College. Tenney was also one of the original translators of the NASB and NIV editions of the Bible.

Quote:
"Apart from the New Testament writings and later writings dependent upon these, our sources of information about the life and teaching of Jesus are scanty and problematic"

- F.F. Bruce, a founder of the modern evangelical movement

- "Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ" (WWJ) page 84

Quote:
"...there are very few sources for knowledge of the historical Jesus beyond the four canonical Gospels. Paul and Josephus offer little more than tidbits. Claims that later apocryphal Gospels and the Nag Hammadi material supply independent and reliable historical information about Jesus are largely fantasy. In the end, the historian is left with the difficult task of sifting through the Four Gospels for historical tradition."

- John P. Meier

- "Who Was Jesus?" page 86

* Dr. Meier is a Catholic University New Testament professor, Catholic priest and monsignor

Quote:
"The gospels are in fact anonymous"

- Dr. Craig L. Blomberg

- WWJ (60)

Quote:
"The Gospels are neither histories nor biographies, even within the ancient tolerances for those genres."

- Dr. John Dominic Crossan

- WWJ (24)

Quote:
Jesus famed far and wide:

"These "great crowds" and "multitudes," along with Jesus's fame, are repeatedly referred to in the gospels, including at the following: Mt 4:23-25, 5:1, 8:1, 8:18, 9:8, 9:31, 9:33, 9:36, 11:7, 12:15, 13:2, 14:1, 14:13, 14:22, 15:30, 19:2, 21:9, 26:55;

Mk 1:28, 10:1; Lk 4:14, 4:37, 5:15, 14:25, etc."

- Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ" by D. M. Murdock page 85

"Additionally, even though many times in the gospels Jesus was claimed to have been famed far and wide, not one historian of the era was aware of his existence, not even individuals who lived in, traveled around, or wrote about the relevant areas. The brief mentions of Christ, Christians or Christianity we possess from non-Christian sources are late and dubious as to their authenticity and/or value. Nor is there any valid scientific archaeological evidence demonstrating the gospel story to be true or even to support the existence of Jesus Christ. Despite this utter lack of evidence, Christian apologists and authorities make erroneous and misleading claims that there are "considerable reports" and "a surprisingly large amount of detail" regarding the life of Jesus and early Christianity."

- WWJ page 257

The one constant theme is, there's no credible evidence for a historical Jesus, same as there was no valid evidence amongst the 1st Xians either. The earliest Christians never had any evidence they could point to in order to demonstrate Jesus actually existed. If Jesus was really a carpenter, there was no work done by his hands. There were no paintings, rock carvings, writings - nothing by him at all. And, there's no evidence that the earliest Christians ever tried to claim anything by him ever existed. And what about Jesus' own family? Isn't it odd that nobody ever went to them for an interview of any kind? Where's Jesus' supposed family today? If they were real people i.e. Joseph, Mary and Jesus' siblings etc. don't you think Constantine and his mother would've sought them out? NOPE, nothing, notta, zippo, ZERO! There's never been anything beyond 'anecdotal evidence' or evidence based on hearsay.

So, it appears that in 2,000 years nothing has changed. Which is significant considering all the research, investigations and all the money / funding spent on them. So, it's really bad form for NT & biblical scholars to rigidly adhere to the a priori assumption that Jesus must have existed when there's no valid evidence substantiating that claim.

For more Christian apologists who've been exposed and debunked read the links below as they all repeat many of the same claims so when we debunk one we essentially debunk them all, which means that Elliott Nesch and his "Zeitgeist Refuted" has been thoroughly debunked:

Dr. Chris Forbes on Zeitgeist part 1, DEBUNKED

William Lane Craig on Jesus-Osiris/Horus Parallels--DEBUNKED

Challenging the Zeitgeist Movie by Dr. Mark Foreman

Did Jesus Really Exist? by Dr. Paul Maier, DEBUNKED

ABR's "Analysis and Response to Zeitgeist", DEBUNKED

Is Jesus a Myth? by S. Michael Houdmann, DEBUNKED

Dr. John Oakes, DEBUNKED

Shattering JP Holding's Anti-Mythicist book

Christianity was influenced by pagan religion, James Bishop

Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson gets schooled!

A few good reads:

Star Worship of the Ancient Israelites

Pagan Parallels: Achilles Heel of Christianity

Religion and the Ph.D.: A Brief History - a must read

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

ZG Refuted at 1:15:19

2 John 7 "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

So, right here we have evidence that there were people who did not believe Jesus existed from the very beginning - while Christian apologists also try to claim that nobody ever questioned Jesus' existence until the 18th/19th century - they'll have to work that silly argument out between themselves.

They're omitting, of course, the fact that anyone who spoke out against the church doctrines were usually murdered. So, what they do is just make the claim that whoever doesn't believe must be a deceiver and an antichrist. Which is nothing more than blatant bias, prejudice and discrimination against non-believers. And, they are still doing it to this very day. It's a circular argument anyway.

Right after that at 1:15:34 ZGR says:

"The scripture also warns us about the false doctrine of the last days, especially that of the Roman Catholic church that has embraced pagan sun worship."

So now, even the Catholics are on their shit list - what about the other 38,000 Christian denominations worldwide? The Catholics certainly had no hesitation in their attempt to wipe out Paganism during the crusades and Inquisitions. These were one of the few issues Catholics and Protestants agreed upon.

Pagan Destruction Chronology (314-870 C.E.)

Then they go into 1:16:15 "What about the Crusades and the Inquisitions?"

At 1:16:24 ZGR says:

"As for the Crusades and Inquisition led by the Roman Catholic church, these people neither loved Jesus nor did they obey his teachings."

Matt 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathers not with me scatters abroad." (Jesus speaking)

And we have more blatant bias, prejudice and discrimination against non-believers.

From there, Zeitgeist Refuted spends the last 20 or more minutes proselytizing.

From a 20 year former Preacher Why Jesus?:
Quote:
"The burning of unbelievers during the Inquisition was based on the words of Jesus: "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." (John 15:6) "

"Religion has been used to justify war, slavery, sexism, racism, homophobia, mutilations, intolerance, and oppression of minorities."

"Nowhere in Scripture will you find an acknowledgment that each individual has an "inalienable right" to be treated with fairness and respect, or that "We, the People" are capable of governing ourselves. There is no democracy in the "word of God." In the bible, humans are "worms" and "sinners" deserving damnation, "slaves" who should humbly submit to all kings, heavenly and earthly."

"American laws are based on a secular constitution, not the bible. Any scriptures that might support a good law do so only because they have met the test of human values, which long predate the ineffective Ten Commandments."

"The God of Scripture slaughtered entire groups of people that offended his vanity, ordering young virgins to be kept alive as war booty for his priests (Numbers 31). "Happy shall be he that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones," he advised (Psalm 137:9), threatening those with the wrong religion that "their women with child shall be ripped up" (Hosea 13:16), sending bears to attack 42 children who teased a prophet (II Kings 2:23-24), punishing innocent offspring to the fourth generation (Exodus 20:5), discriminating against the handicapped (Leviticus 21:18-23), promising that fathers and sons would eat each other (Ezekiel 5:10), and much more that we would find repugnant in a human being. In this theistic universe, morality is severed from reality and reduced to flattering the Sovereign."

http://www.ffrf.org/publications/nontracts/Why-Jesus/

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:05 am 
Hey guy's I found the document that they were touting that they show, that supposedly states to utilizes Bible passages to make people docile and compliant with government. All the places I have seen I have been able to trace it to an artcle on Alex Jones infowars:
Code:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2006/240506femaplan.htm

Here is the document shown in the video:
Code:
http://www.infowars.com/images2/ps/pastor_fema_docs.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

Alex Jones is another Christian fundy. Which is really odd since he considers himself a conspiracy theorist - he rigidly adheres to one of the biggest conspiracies of them all - Christianity.

Alex puts out a lot of fear and paranoia:
Quote:
"We have received confirmation from other preachers and Pastors that this program is a nationwide initiative and a literal Soviet model whereby the churches are being systematically infiltrated by government volunteers and used as conduits for martial law training and conditioning. The Pastor was told that over 1,300 counties were already on board." ... "In another twilight zone Nazi-like spectacle, Pastors were asked to make a pledge or an affirmation during the meeting to fulfil the roles ascribed to them by FEMA."

Alex is always around to tell everybody who will listen that the US Gov't can not be trusted, that they're trying to get rid of Christianity and everytime it happens it's always a commy plot or something from Nazi Germany - always pointing to a scapegoat. I think he's responsible for a constant stream of fear & paranoia, and fundamentalism. Notice he hardly criticizes Christianity or the bible and certainly not Jesus.

Page 3 of your document says it all to me:

Pastoral crisis intervention:

A. Trauma

B. Crisis

C. Disaster

D. Stress

The document details how religion can be used to exploit the most vulnerable. Now you know why religious organizations are always there to "help" during A, B,C & D.

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:36 am 
Freethinkaluva22 wrote:
Alex is always around to tell everybody who will listen that the US Gov't can not be trusted, that they're trying to get rid of Christianity and everytime it happens it's always a commy plot or something from Nazi Germany - always pointing to a scapegoat. I think he's responsible for a constant stream of fear & paranoia, and fundamentalism. Notice he hardly criticizes Christianity or the bible and certainly not Jesus.

Page 3 of your document says it all to me:

Pastoral crisis intervention:

A. Trauma

B. Crisis

C. Disaster

D. Stress

The document details how religion can be used to exploit the most vulnerable. Now you know why religious organizations are always there to "help" during A, B,C & D.

From what I have ascertained from the document it actually does not involve any kind of exploitation; it is merely telling pastors to simply help people in times of stress and need for spiritual healing. It really doesn't have anything to do with mind control or manipulation. And I have found out that this document does not at all originate from the FBI, NSA etc... but from a psychological study about the achievements done through spiritual therapy which seemed quite successful. The passages related are mostly to convey comfort and healing to people who need it; and are not at all in anyway shape or form regarded to manipulate people as the film Zeitgeist: Spirit of the Age Refuted clearly suggested. This is just cherry picking portions of the document and blowing shit way out of proportion.

I will say however that on page 3 as you have pointed out can be misused for nefarious means. But the original meaning is to convey spiritual healing, not mass mind control.

As far as Alex Jones goes, he is actually correct about a lot of things concerning government, corporate and banking corruption; and he is wrong about almost everything else.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:16 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
From what I have ascertained from the document it actually does not involve any kind of exploitation; it is merely telling pastors to simply help people in times of stress and need for spiritual healing.

It certainly does manipulate just by design. There's no way it can't but that doesn't mean it's malevolent intent.

It's common knowledge that people, regions and even nations tend to lean towards religion in times of A. Trauma B. Crisis C. Disaster D. Stress. That's what happened after 9-11. History shows that when a nation is slipping away from religion a natural disaster or terrorist attacks snaps them back into religion again. This is old news and it can be utilized as a tool because it works like a charm.

Purposely sending out Pastors only compounds that issue. Remember, even Alex Jones said it was "a literal Soviet model" and a "Nazi-like spectacle."

Quote:
As far as Alex Jones goes, he is actually correct about a lot of things concerning government, corporate and banking corruption; and he is wrong about almost everything else.

Yes, of course he uses nuggets of truth but it doesn't make his views about gov't correct at all. What Alex Jones does is absolutely not journalism. It's selling a view point full of fear paranoia and anti-US gov't.

Quote:
The passages related are mostly to convey comfort and healing to people who need it; and are not at all in anyway shape or form regarded to manipulate people as the film Zeitgeist: Spirit of the Age Refuted clearly suggested. This is just cherry picking portions of the document and blowing shit way out of proportion.

You're probably right on that. What was the time on that? If you want to address specific things from ZF Refuted then always include the time.

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:36 pm 
Freethinkaluva22 wrote:
You're probably right on that. What was the time on that? If you want to address specific things from ZF Refuted then always include the time.

The time begins at 5:05-6:57 where it begins to talk about the so called FEMA directives. It then shows the actual document pages but apparently does not deal with any of passages nor does it show Romans 13 on there; because Romans 13 is not on the document. Within it; it goes on to talk about Romans 13 being misused by Hitler and others. To "prove" this statement the film offers up a clip from John Piper:

Quote:
And the texts I want us to focus on is Romans 13 verses 1-7. It has been used... for example to justify unseemly conformity to the the status quo both in this country and abroad, It was used to keep the church docile to the Nazi Regime in Germany and it has been used to impede the efforts of this country of those have worked for equal rights for all races; and I want us to look closely to see of what Paul is really really teaching here to see whether those uses are abuses. "If the authorities ever begin to punish the good... and reward the bad; our submission to them is going to come into conflict with submission to god. IT IS RIGHT what god has ordained IN ORDER TO OBEY, what god has commanded." We are being tested to see whether we will try to save our lives and be subject to the atrocities of the ruling power or whether; or whether we will say with Peter we must obey god rather than man and risk the losing of our lives.

This statement is very interesting because apparently he is making shit up:

Quote:
13.1-7 Subjection to governing authorities. Sometimes read as Pail's "theology of the state," these verses stand in tension with his view elsewhere of the "rulers of this age" (1 Cor 2.6-8; 15.24-26; 1 Thess 5.3-11), and with his own willingness to suffer punishment from civil authorities (2 Cor 11.23, 25-27). This teaching is conventional (Wis 6.1-3; 1 Pet 2.13-17; 3.13), and these are other attitudes to civil authorities in the New Testament (Acts 5.59; Rev 13.2, 5, 11-18). These verses may have had a very specific application (See Introduction). The New Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocrypha Augmented Third Edition New Revised Standard Version, p. 261 New Testament; Oxford University Press 2007 emphasis added in bold

Here is the portion of the Introduction it's referring:

Quote:
Paul's argument responds to an incipient anti-Judaism, which was already rife among Roman Aristocrats and was beginning emerge in non-Jewish Christian circles as well. Given the horrors of an anti-Jewish progrom in Alexandira (38-41 ce), and even more recent tax riots that had turned deadly in Puteoli, a city in south of Rome, Paul was concerned to prevent in Rome the sort of civic disturbance in which the city's minority Jewish population would be especially vulnerable. This is at least one explanation for the notorious exhortation to "be subject to the governing authorities" (13.1-7.) The New Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocrypha Augmented Third Edition New Revised Standard Version, p. 424 New Testament; Oxford University Press 2007 emphasis added in bold

To be more or less clear what they is being referred to here allow me to give you the exact verses for which they are referring to:

Quote:
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but bad. Do you wish to have no fear of the authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive it's approval; for it is God's servant for your good. But if you do what is wrong, you should be afraid, for the authority does not bear the sword in vain! It is the servant of God to execute wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be subject, not only because of wrath but also because of conscience. For the same reason you also pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, busy with this very thing. Pay to all what is due to them-taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due. The New Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocrypha Augmented Third Edition New Revised Standard Version, Romans 13.1-7 pp. 261-262 New Testament; Oxford University Press 2007

So to put it quite bluntly, John Piper is apparently pulling shit out of his ass and making things up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 pm 
Hey guy's I thought I would give an update on what I have found; in regards to the film at 03:07-03:33 it refers to the idea that Jesus refers to Satan as the ruler of this world. Besides the fact that this claim if true, is very contradictory to the bible itself. What I found is that it references a series of Sermons made by pastors at Church of the Great God.

Here is an article that presents various excerpts from the sermons the film refers to: http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseact ... -world.htm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:22 pm 

Quote:
Hey guy's I thought I would give an update on what I have found; in regards to the film at 03:07-03:33 it refers to the idea that Jesus refers to Satan as the ruler of this world.

Also, does the verse say the ruler of this world, or actually the ruler of this "age" / Aeon in the original langauge?

Regardless of whether it says world or age, we're in the third of the four lowest ages (1/3) of the total Great Year cycle, which are considered to be ruled by darkness / deception. The devil, being deception and dishonesty personified, is the ruler of earth during the lower dark ages of precession when things are at the very darkest. The world is being dominated by the darker aspects of the human mind as it approaches the Iron Age / Kali Yuga and for a while longer beyond that into the ascending Bronze Age / Dwapara Yuga.

That's important to note when dealing with the Bible talking about the devil being given the earth to rule over and things of that nature... It's largely allegorical and deals in terms of which period of the Great Year the Bible's drama is taking place in (Taurus, Aries, Pisces, and foreshadows Aquarius). When the Bible ends or leaves off, well that's coincidentally when the earth is finally moving out of the 1/3 lowest swing of the Great Year cycle and therefore moving out of the four darkest "world ages" which are ruled by darkness and deception as per mythology, hence the personified devil character is no longer the ruler of the world any more beyond that point.

ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:36 am 
Thor

Hello all. I'm StrangerThanFiction. First time poster. Long time supporter of Zeitgeist and Acharya S's work. A little about me: After watching the film Zeitgeist, I couldn't believe there was so much about religion history I never knew. I then saw what critics were saying about Zeitgeist and wasn't sure what to believe. But, after reading "Christ in Egypt" I realized that so called "debunkers" were clearly misrepresenting Acharya's research. So, using Acharya's work and the new "Zeitgeist sourcebook," I made a response to the film "Zeitgeist Refuted," which numerous debunkers seemed to be referencing. It only addresses the first section of the film, but I hope to make more response vids in the future. It's nothing special admittedly, just white text on a black background. But anyway, please share and enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/18486623

Also, if anyone has any good links that can help me with future refutation videos, it would be very appreciated. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:35 pm 
I am actually currently in the process of doing research for a long drawn out project of mine which examines both the claims of Zeitgeist, the critics out there along with a thorough examination of the film itself. I expect this project to be at around 4k pages long at the least and 6k pages at the most (it might even be longer or it might be shorter, who knows). I will be announcing when I will be taking people here on both my YT channel and on various forums to help with examination of people and their critics. I Hope to draw in academics that are in the relevant fields of study and people who are involved with kind of work to put forth articles and to contribute it. It's a non-profit, volunteer project... no money will be given and the project itself will be released on a completely free medium for everyone to view (perhaps on Acharya's website if I can convince her to host it).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:05 pm 

S.T.F. wrote:
Hello all. I'm StrangerThanFiction. First time poster. Long time supporter of Zeitgeist and Acharya S's work. A little about me: After watching the film Zeitgeist, I couldn't believe there was so much about religion history I never knew. I then saw what critics were saying about Zeitgeist and wasn't sure what to believe. But, after reading "Christ in Egypt" I realized that so called "debunkers" were clearly misrepresenting Acharya's research. So, using Acharya's work and the new "Zeitgeist sourcebook," I made a response to the film "Zeitgeist Refuted," which numerous debunkers seemed to be referencing. It only addresses the first section of the film, but I hope to make more response vids in the future. It's nothing special admittedly, just white text on a black background. But anyway, please share and enjoy!

Also, if anyone has any good links that can help me with future refutation videos, it would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Great work!!! You cited everything nicely and spanked him with CiE. :lol:

You should probably take a look at this thread we have about KingDavid8.com, another idiot with a $1,000 reward challenge / hoax:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3206&start=0

It would also be helpful to check out the GodAlmighty's video series (The evolution from Osiris to Jesus) discussed in the thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3548&start=0

:wink:

ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:30 pm 
Thor

Tat Tvam Asi wrote:
S.T.F. wrote:

Great work!!! You cited everything nicely and spanked him with CiE. :lol:

You should probably take a look at this thread we have about KingDavid8.com, another idiot with a $1,000 reward challenge / hoax:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3206&start=0

It would also be helpful to check out the GodAlmighty's video series (The evolution from Osiris to Jesus) discussed in the thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3548&start=0

:wink:

Thanks! Again, I know it's not spectacular graphics-wise, but it was very obvious to me that impressive video graphics weren't neccessary to refute the film's very weak arguments. I'll look through those threads for sure. I've seen some of GodAlmighty's work and I reference him a few times in the vid. I'm not sure when I'll have other videos out. I could have refuted the whole film at once I guess, but then it would have been like 5 or 6 hours long. Anyway, I hope the film is helpful. Peace!

P.S. I made this short video as a video response to the film on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvmqpSUtQo
Of course, I have to wait for it to be approved first. I wonder if he'll allow it? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hi guys!

I wanted to thank you for all your good work in spreading the word, so to speak. I really appreciate you doing all that - having people make these videos and otherwise revealing these fascinating facts is one of the main reasons I write the books, so others will be thus inspired.

You're doing a great job. A few typos here and there, but overall, I'm really impressed by your diligence and digging. GodAlmighty is especially good at finding sources, and, STF, I watched most of your video (and sent it around a bit) yesterday - so wonderful to have these new resources to show that these "refutations" are full of errors and omissions.

In any event, as a token of my appreciation - and with an eye to inspire more such wonderful creations - I have uploaded my latest project, which is not quite ready for primetime release but which is finished otherwise. This article, "Was the Persian Goddess Anahita the Pre-Christian Virgin Mother of Mithra?," is part of a longer chapter for my upcoming Mithra book, which won't be released for a while, but I wanted others to have access to this fascinating and important information. As we can see, the shallow apologists are WRONG again.

"Was the Persian Goddess Anahita the Pre-Christian Virgin Mother of Mithra?"
http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/anahita.pdf

Right now, I'm only circulating this article to this forum, so enjoy!

And thanks again. I look forward to more of your projects.

P.S. STF, can you upload your video onto Youtube? If so, I will circulate it more widely. I've already promoted GA's YT account.