All of the so-called "Factual errors" listed below are false. Anybody want to contact them to set them straight?:
IMDb: Goofs for Zeitgeist part 1
* Factual errors: In part I, "The Greatest Story Ever Told", about 20 min in, the narrator explains that "The star in the east is Sirius... which, on December 24, aligns with the three brightest stars in Orion's Belt," and that these four stars point to the place of sunrise on December 25. This is correct but for one detail: Sirius and the three brightest stars in Orion's Belt all being *fixed* stars, their relative position does not change, and they are aligned to the same extent every day of the year.
* Factual errors: In the first part of the movie you will listen many times the narrator to use the word Sun as a similarity for Son (Jesus - The Son of God). Sun (and son) is an English word. This is just a word game that is irrelevant and fictional. The proof to that is that during that period the English language was not used, but only Greek and ancient Egyptian was spoken. In Greek word for Sun is "Ilios" and Son is "Yios".
* Factual errors: Attis was not born on 25th of December. Attis's mother, Nana (daughter of the river Sangarios) got pregnant when she cut a fruit from an almond tree that grown up for the organs of the demon Agdistis. He was not crucified. During a marriage song Agdistis appeared in front of him. Attis went mad, cut of his genitals and died. He was then reborn and not resurrected in an evergreen pine. (Pausanias, Greece 7.19)
* Factual errors: Dionysus mother was not a virgin, she was Semele and was seduced by Zeus numerous times. He was not born on 25th of December, he did not perform miracles, he only caused madness. He was not called "King of Kings". The symbol of Dionysus they present is ORPHEUS VAKHIKOS. This is a small artifact which dates back to 300 A.D. that shows a man tied on an anchor not crucified.
* Factual errors: Krishna was not a Carpenter, he was actually a Herdsman.
* Factual errors: Krishna was not born of a virgin mother Devaki. Devaki and her husband Vasudeva was kept together in prison to prove the divine prediction wrong by ensuring that their eight children are born and hence killed by Kansa (Devaki's brother). Also, Krishna died due to an arrow shot by a hunter which struck below his foot.
* Factual errors: Krishna was not the son of a virgin.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1166827/goofs
First of all, I don't think whoever wrote those "factual errors" based it on the OFFICIAL version
, which didn't come out until October 07. Zeitgeist part 1 was simply a private project by Peter Joseph and it was just a 25 minute introduction into the astrotheological aspects of religion. It was never intended to serve as a comprehensive scholarly documentary. Part 1 doesn't actually start until around 13:30 in the official version.
"Zeitgeist came into existence as a personal project which was shown in New York as a free public awareness expression. After the event was over, "The Movie" was tossed online with little thought given to a public response. Within a month, the film was getting record views. Months later, the "Final Edition" was completed. In total, the views for "Zeitgeist, The Movie" have exceeded 50,000,000 on Google video alone. Considering the other posts in different formats, along with public screenings, it is estimated that the total world views are well over 100 Million."http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/q&a.htm
The 1st point about Orion's Belt is not an error or a goof, as imdb admits it is correct. The fact that the stars are aligned to the same extent every day of the year doesn't change what is said in Zeitgeist part 1 so, it's irrelevant. Those same stars also disappear over the horizon and come back in view at certain times of the year too, which was also important to the ancients.
The 2nd point on the sun/son issue is an error on the part of the person who wrote it for IMDb due to ignorance on the issue as it was addressed long ago here The Son of God is the Sun of God
More on the next couple points on Attis and Dionysus later.
The last two are addressed here Was Krishna's Mother a Virgin?Zeitgeist Part 1 & the Supportive EvidenceThe New ZEITGEIST Part 1 Sourcebook (2010)
It would be handy if someone would post in the forum to set them straight - it seems none of them have a clue from the few threads I read - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1166827/board
It just seems like a bunch of keith trash & chris white cultists smearing the movie and all of its sources.