It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Archaeologist endorses 'Christ in Egypt'
Quote:
"My name is Ken Feder. I am an archaeologist, and I play one on TV, as a talking head in various documentaries on the National Geographic Channel, the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, ScFi, BBC Horizon, and, as it turns out, even the Weather Channel. I have written several books on archaeology, including Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience In Archaeology (about to go into its 7th edition). Frauds is revered by some and hated by others, which is an indication I must have done something right in that work.

"...having conducted research and written extensively over the course of the last thirty years, I think I have developed a good eye for recognizing valuable research that is worthy of serious consideration when I see it. And the research conducted by D.M. Murdock concerning the myth of Jesus Christ is certainly both valuable and worthy of consideration.

"Everyone who reads Murdock’s Christ in Egypt should understand that the sources she cites are anything but marginal or questionable. In fact, her sources are, at least as far as I can tell, entirely within the Egyptology mainstream and many are, in fact, revered, and deservedly so, within the community of Egyptologists. The fact that these sources are mainstream, highly respected, or even seminal does not, of course, make them right about the origins of the Christ story. However, it does make them, and Murdock's thesis in which she incorporates their work, impossible to dismiss out of hand. Read her book. Criticize it if you believe it deserves criticism. But to dismiss it or get apoplectic about her thesis simply because it shocks you is plainly foolish."

Kenneth Feder, PhD
Professor of Archaeology, Central Connecticut State University
Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience In Archaeology

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection

At Amazon

2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 pm 
Persephone

Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Feder also told me:

"Your scholarship is relentless!"

I will be putting that on the site as well. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:10 am 
Hermes

Relentless is the right word... I've never found an archeological book so throroughly documented as CIE! It is a work made to stand the test of time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

I wanted to say thank you, Descartes, for the kind words. Perhaps you could put them in a review? :mrgreen:

Oh, I should add that Feder posted his review on Amazon as well. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:41 pm 
Jesus

:D Sorry guys!! But Jesus never went to Egypt!! And He didn't have to learn anything to bring about His religion and teachings because when He was 12 years old; he separated from His parents on a journey to Jerusalem that they took every year to pay taxes!! And he was found by them teaching the Rabbies and the scribes at twelve years old. And He said that He had to be about His Fathers business at 12 years old!! And at that age; Jesus knew more than any scientist or engineer or doctor or surgeon or Judge on the whole planet today; because He was and is the Lord of all knowledge and wisdom and learning!! For even at 12 years old; He was God in the Flesh!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum moses737. I don't see that post as having anything to do with this thread but I'll just share this anyway...

The Gospel of Matthew 2:15: "Out of Egypt have I called my son"

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:03 pm 
Jesus

yes Freethinker you are right!! However; Jesus was very young at this time. And He didn't learn anything substantial in Egypt as a child because He was a toddler and Herod died and they went to Nazareth where Jesus grew up. But most people who say that Jesus was in Egypt say this because they are mistaken in believing that He learned Egyptian magic and all types of tricks and mysteries in Egypt. But at age 12; He knew more than anybody on the face of the planet in this time. How do I know this? BECAUSE I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY AND SPIRITUALLY!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:06 pm 
Jesus

Sorry for hollering Freethinker.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Apology accepted, moses737.

Your views concerning Christianity represent the typical Christian apologist views not based on credible evidence but, rather, faith & euphoria. Even Christian biblical scholars are more honest on this issue.
Quote:
"Over a century ago, renowned British Egyptologist Sir Dr. E.A. Wallis Budge (1857-1934), a Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities at the British Museum, as well as a confessed Christian, remarked that a study tracing the "influence of ancient Egyptian religious beliefs and mythology on Christianity" would "fill a comparatively large volume." Since Dr. Budge's time, for a variety of reasons, including the seemingly irreconcilable academic gap between historians and theologians, no one has taken up the call to produce such a volume—until now."

- Christ in Egypt, Preface

If you are sincerely interested in the facts, I'd highly recommend actually reading Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:23 pm 
Jesus

Sorry Freethinka!! But I have read so many different types of these books that are actually written by Satans children to discredit and disprove Christ for 35 years now!! And I have debunked hundreds of people who claimed that Jesus Christ either didn't exist or He was just an ordinary man who learned to do magic and tricks in Egypt or somewhere else. I actually met a woman who worked for NASA who said that Jesus would be returning back to the Earth in a spaceship!! These books are being written to make money and to justify the atheist non-beliefs!! But I have personally seen Satan and his demons and I have been to hell; and I have seen God do great miracles of healings for me like Jesus also did !!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

Again moses737, Christians still can't provide valid evidence for Jesus or God let alone Satan/Lucifer/Devil. They don't even try to substantiate the claim for a Satan because it's so utterly absurd. There's absolutely no reason to believe in the existence of any sort of Satan/Lucifer. We know the origins of where this myth comes from.

You think the bible wasn't written to make any money? Religion is big business that brings in billions of dollars they pay no taxes either.

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:49 pm 
Jesus

I understand where you are coming from Freethinka!! But that is why God will cherish those of us who serve Him until the soon coming end!! That is why we are greatly rewarded when we die in Christ and go to heaven where we will be living like gods and goddesses!! Our faith in God is greatly valuable to Him. And when I gave my life to Jesus; I saw a demon come right out of me. I saw a big demon set up out of my chest before the movie "Alien" was produced in 1981. This happened to me in May of 1994!! For the night before; I had accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and the next morning; the demon had to come out of me because I had committed my life to Jesus Christ. So I was no longer his and Satans!! My wonderful life proves to me that God is real. I have been married to the same woman for 34 years (it will be 34 years later this month) now and I have 2 wonderful sons, 31 and 29, and even though I am constantly fighting the wicked forces of evil; my rewards will be great !! And God speaks to me each and every day!! And my angels are with me each and every day. Or most days; that is!! So when Judgment Day comes; you will then see that I and my family in Christ were all right!! But will it be too late for you!!?? Will you be loved and cherished by God; or will you be rejected and frying and crying in that huge lake of fire and brimstone, yelling your head off forever and ever and ever!!??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
moses737 "that is why God will cherish those of us who serve Him until the soon coming end!!"

Right, and by "end" you're referring the end times where 2/3rds of the human population of non-believers will be destroyed. No thank you. A real god wouldn't need to kill 4 billion people just because they didn't believe some crazy non-sense that cannot be backed up with credible evidence.

God/Jesus is supposed to be the omniscient, omnipotent creator of the universe yet is incapable of leaving behind credible evidence of himself which would:

1. Save xians from persecution

2. Convince billions more skeptics, thus, saving more souls. Which is what all of this is suppose to be about, right?

So, either God/Jesus doesn't give a shit about you or he doesn't exist. All theistic arguments have failed. There's still not a shred of valid evidence for Christian supernatural religious claims. If there were any credible evidence FAITH would not be the main requirement. It seems more likely that religion is a human creation with an obsession of ridding the world of non-believers.

"People who are obsessed with end times have never learned from history. They've been 100 percent wrong, 100 percent of the time."
- Hank Hanegraaff, CRI

A Brief History of the Apocalypse
http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:38 pm 
Jesus

Actually Freethinka; if 12 billion people were born in the history of the Earth; about only 3 to 4 billion would make it to heaven. The other 8 to 9 billion will be scorched. For many are called but few are chosen. God does love all of His creation; but only about 25% or so will be chosen because like the Marines say; "We are only looking for a few good men"!! And even though God wants everybody to enjoy His glorious heaven and all of its beauty and wonder; He cannot let rebels into heaven and start another uprising like one of His greatest angels did from the beginning of His creation. But don't worry!! We are not a whole lot of heartless people. We will be crying and agonizing for hours over those who chose not to join us in heaven. But we have pleaded with you guys. And we have prayed for years for your lost souls. And we have cried and weeped for your souls before the great judgment day.

Years ago; I would have been begging you and getting all emotional over your possible doom and scorchings. Now, I am more adjusted to it as being very normal. For you can lead a horse to the water; but if he or she doesn't want to drink it; it is useless. But don't worry!! I still love you and everybody that doesn't believe!! But like you; I must try to bring you to Jesus; just like you are trying to lead me away from Him that I have truly known and loved for 35 years!! And you will find out one day; that I was right on 98% of everything that I said!!