It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Here's the latest book titled "The Gospel According to Acharya S"

Quote:
Hi there -

I'm delighted to announce that my new, "revolutionary" book "The Gospel According to Acharya S" is now available!

You can get your copy right now by going here -

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/gospel.html

"The Gospel" tackles some of the most interesting and important aspects of human consciousness, such as:

What is God? Is belief in God righteous? Should we praise God? Who speaks for God? Is the Bible "God's Word?" Does prayer work? Are we born in sin? What is the original of good and evil? Who is the Devil? Is the Bible prophetic? Do we have free will? What is the purpose in life?

Some kind words about "The Gospel":

Quote:
"I just read your essay titled, 'What is God?' and I'd like to tell you that I found it the most truthful piece of spiritual writing I have ever read. So concise, a real stimulation unhindered by myth, parable and occult symbolism."

Steve R., Australia

This "Purple Bible" is the antidote to the world's insanity-producing "holy scriptures!"

If you obtain your copy of "The Gospel" through my website, I will throw in a fre.e bonus -

"Acharya's Religion 101 for Seekers," a 20-page ebook made up of some of my spiciest writings!

Grab your copy of the "Purple Bible" today!

SORRY - NO INTERNATIONAL ORDERS! Try Barnes & Noble, also linked at my site.

Enjoy!

Acharya S/D.M. Murdock
Author, "The Christ Conspiracy," "Suns of God," "Who Was Jesus?," "Christ in Egypt," "The Gospel According to Acharya S" and "Jesus as the Sun"
http://TruthBeKnown.com
http://StellarHousePublishing.com
http://TBKNews.blogspot.com
http://FreethoughtNation.com

P.S. Don't forget to check out my new project - you'll love it!

http://www.cafepress.com/freethoughtgear

The Gospel According to Acharya S

:wink:

The Mythicist Position
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi there -

My new book "The Gospel According to Acharya S" is now available internationally through Amazon! Go to my page here, and you will see the Amazon links under "Canadian and International Orders":

I've also added some more excerpts, such as the following from the "Prologue":

"If you are atheistically prone and do not enjoy discussions or definitions of God or spirituality, you may still wish to read my colorful essays and rants--consider them not as doctrine but as "mystical poetry" addressing some of the most important and profound concepts to face humanity. It is my experience that most people enjoy these mystical or spiritual subjects and that the notion of God will not disappear from the human psyche, so let us at least drag it out of the Stone Age and redefine it."

I should add that there is also much fascinating factual material as I present in my other books but which is unique to "The Gospel," including a short but succinct discussion of the founders of Communism and Nazism, and their relationship to religion. Fully cited from respectable sources, of course! In fact, for a book of this size, the bibliography is significant, with over 160 sources.

"The Gospel" also has over 130 inline illustrations, which means they are right next to the relevant text.

Don't forget -

This "Purple Bible" is the antidote to the world's insanity-producing "holy scriptures!"

Enjoy!

The Mythicist Position

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:59 pm 
Jesus

My first thought is ... why the Yin-Yang symbol on the front of the Purple Bible??

--------------
PS for someone not in the know that could sound like a very silly sentence;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

When you read the book you'll understand.

The Mythicist Position

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:02 pm 

This one looks pretty interesting, I'll have to check it out. Just from conversations that we've had in the past I realize that she's pretty well informed concerning the God concept and what it's essentially meant to symbolize and how the the concept has been perverted via social control tactics and so on. I'm sure that the book will be very interesting and I look forward to reading it. 8)

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

I just got this great feedback on MySpace for my Gospel -

"THE MOST liberating book I've read...ever!"

"I received your book yesterday, and fell asleep in it last night...in a good way 'cause I couldn't put it down! Devoured most of it!

"THE MOST liberating book I've read...ever! My eyes are open wide now!

"Thank You for your Gospel, aka: GOOD NEWS, no...GREAT NEWS!

"You are very intelligent, bold yet subtle, and I love your sense of humor!

"Also, it's obvious—your love for true humanity, and passion, and truth, and well, pretty much all things that pertain to taking one's mind permanently out of the box that we ourselves, with society's help, have huddled in and under for far too long!

"Ok.. back to gobble up the rest! :) good day to you."

Joni, United Kingdom

The Gospel According to Acharya S

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, you beat me to it with the video! :mrgreen:

That's so cool we can imbed videos now.

But I feel like someone all dressed up with no place to go now - where is everyone? Don't people like our new forum facelift? Or is everyone at Facebook? :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:28 pm 

Quote:
The Gospel According to Acharya S.

P.10 – “If it is not all encompassing, it is not God. Anything less than the totality is not God. The definition of God is omnipresence itself. Nothing is outside of God.”

One of the main things that sort of hit me like a load of bricks when I was in my early twenties is that omnipresence can only apply to the "realm of existence" itself, and by that I mean everything in the universe and beyond into all other universes spanning out infinitely. By associating the God concept with "omnipresence" and "eternity" the philosophical priesthood clearly symbolized the eternal realm of existence itself, the “totality” which is present in everything that exists forever and ever without end. The realm of existence is the source of all life, all energy, all consciousness, and is present everywhere that energy, life, and consciousness, are present. So to take another look at the quote by replacing the term “God” with the eternal realm of existence itself:

Quote:
If it is not all encompassing, it is not the eternal realm of existence (God). Anything less than the totality is not the infinite realm of existence (God). The definition of the eternal realm of existence (God) is omnipresence itself. Nothing is outside of the eternal realm of existence (God).

Now after having realized this in-depth, and having my eyes opened to the full implications of what God entails, it became all too obvious that there's no possible way to then separate the omnipresent God from creation because that's equivalent to suggesting that the "eternal realm of existence" is somehow separate, apart, and away from the earth and all of it's inhabitants which is evident nonsense.

Quote:
P. 11 – “True spirituality is defined not by separation but by union, union with the whole, union with the life force, Great Spirit, Tao, or God, that lies behind creation and binds it together. …Anything that imposes limits on infinite divinity is not a complete spiritual system or experience. …The ultimate truth, which is “God”cannot have any form whatsoever, no gender, no race and no hierarchy.”

To fully understand all of this naturally leads into the next concern that you touch on in the book which is that "God" speaks through everyone because the omnipresent realm of existence itself isn't separate from anything in existence, rather everything that exists (creation) is formed out of the very realm itself. The realm is speaking through all of us whether we consider the langauge to be divine or profane because you can't draw a line of distinction between the two while focused on what the definition of God as omnipresent is actually suggesting.

Quote:
P. 31 – “The point is that even to religious fanatics God is omnipresent and, as such, is not, cannot be and never will be contained in one book, no matter how many times the cheerleaders of that book threaten eternal damnation and punishment. If God is omnipresent – a device conveniently used by these selfsame preachers, priests and imams to scare people, e.g., “God is watching you at all times” – then God is contained in everything, and that means every book, each person, every animal and rock. That universality is the definition of omnipresence. In case the religionists still don’t get that fact, let’s spell it out:

"omnipresent : present in all places at all times” – Webster’s

Case closed. It is not possible for an omnipresent divinity to be here but not there. It is impossible for an omnipresent deity to be absent from someplace – that fact remains the bottom line. Therefore – paradoxically to the notion that arrogant individuals who pretend to speak for God are misrepresenting themselves – every book and every individual that claims to be speaking for God must be right, even those which say God is an utterly bogus concept designed to enslave the human race.”

Truly enlightened human beings are certainly those who have come to a place of understanding the definition of omnipresence, as is evident in this dialogue between Joseph Campbell and Sri Krishna Menon of India that I'll post for those reading through the thread who are currently unfamiliar with it:

Quote:
Myths of Light: eastern metaphors of the eternal

“If that is achieved, if one manages to reach an undifferentiated state of consciousness while awake, then there are two responses. Suppose that you have found the light, and contemplated this still pond. You may let the body fall off, close the eyes, as it were, and unite with this central transcendent realization. Or you may open the eyes and take delight in the PLAY OF FORMS, seeing through them the ONE FORM [the realm itself as the one thing common to all]. That is the attitude of WORLD AFFIRMATION, the affirmation of every single THING, even the MONSTERS.
When I was in India, I listened around awhile to see who the WISE MAN would be that I would choose to have my principle mystical discussion with. I chose one who lived in the world EYES OPEN. He had been a policeman, not a very highly regarded profession in India, and he was, nevertheless, a great saint. We greeted each other respectfully, and he asked,

“Do you have a question?"

...What I asked him was, "If, as we know, all things are Brahman, are this DIVINE ENERGY, then why do we renounce the world, why do we renounce vice, why do we renounce stupidity? Why do we not see the DIVINE ENERGY shinning through the most BRUTAL, the most HORRENDOUS, the most STUPID, and the most DARK?

He responded, “For you and me, that is where it is!"

"For you and me (those living in the world with their eyes open), that is where it (the divine energy of existence) is!"

Now that makes a lot of sense from the perspective of understanding the meaning and definition of "omnipresence" but it makes very little sense from the perspective of using the term "omnipresence" without understanding the full extent of term, as is the case with nearly every monotheist in the world. This forces the conclusion, as is pointed out in the Gospel, that everything is "Gods Word" and divinely inspired. I see that as relating to everyone of the religious writings in the world, to the mornings news paper headlines, to every post in this conversational forum for that matter.

The question of whether the Bible is God or Mans "word" is easily proven to be the work of man. But then the question of "what is man?" comes into focus. Well, man is but a manifestation of the eternal realm of existence itself and is therefore ultimately "one" with that which the "omnipresent” God concept is used to symbolize in mythology and religion. So while the Bible is clearly written by man, and proven as such many times over with all of it's priesthood inspired sections on cannibalism, ritual sacrifice, slavery, raping and belittling women and small girls, murdering whole cities etc. ("the most brutal, the most horrendous, the most stupid, and the most dark..."), it's also quite clear that it's still inspired by the "omnipresent" God nonetheless from the deeper eye opening realization. When the priesthood wrote, "God says..." it's the case of existence itself speaking right through the people doing the writing. But likewise, when we in the modern era expose the ancient priesthood for what they've done in deceiving and confusing so many people over the years, it's also the "omnipresent" God force or energy speaking through those who speak on behalf of the mythicist position as well. We certainly play a role in the dialogue that existence is constantly having with itself as "the play of forms" continues:

Quote:
Therefore – paradoxically to the notion that arrogant individuals who pretend to speak for God are misrepresenting themselves – every book and every individual that claims to be speaking for God must be right, even those which say God is an utterly bogus concept designed to enslave the human race.

I haven't finished the book yet, but when I do I'll leave a few more comments on some of the other topics of interest. As of getting to just half way through the book it's occurred to me that we as the mythicist community of the world could actually start up something along the lines of what was happening during first century among the learned Alexandrian mystics, but with the exception of not using obscure allegorical writings to relay the "Good News". What if a lot of us start writing modernized "Gospels" from a modern perspective which states everything about the astrotheogical function, and it's relation to the mystical function of mythology, very plainly and clearly to the average Joe citizen of the world. After reading this far, I'm tempted to start working on a "Gospel" of my own to add to what may eventually become the mythicist cannon some day. :wink:

Quote:
”…The ultimate truth, which is “God” cannot have any form whatsoever, no gender, no race and no hierarchy.”

Maybe if people start writing a lot of modernized "Gospels" the writings may possibly gain enough momentum by the end of "...the present evil age" to set the world "free" from the orthodox hierarchical system of religious authority during "...the age to come." There’s no place for a system of religious hierarchy with a state of divine "omnipresence" that already resides within everyone and everything in the world (and simultaneously the whole of the universe, and infinitely beyond). There's no middle man or middle organization of man that "literally" stands between what the eternal God symbolizes in religion and the common people of the community. Everyone in the world is perfectly equal in that specific sense of defining "omnipresence". The western spirituality of the future must present in some way a vision of eternal equality among everyone and I consider that to be a "divinely inspired" assertion to add to the long list!

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Tat! That's pretty heady stuff you're writing there.

I hope you enjoy the rest of my little effort. I'm thinking of having The Gospel translated into a variety of languages. I would be interested to know which culture would be the most interested in it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:20 pm 

Acharya wrote:
Thanks, Tat! That's pretty heady stuff you're writing there.

I hope you enjoy the rest of my little effort. I'm thinking of having The Gospel translated into a variety of languages. I would be interested to know which culture would be the most interested in it.

That would be interesting to find out. As for me, I find your Gospel absolutely inspirational so far. Keep up the good work!

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:58 pm 

Ok, finished reading.

I like the emphasis on the freedom of thought and speech in closing. The Gospel is certainly the result of having those freedoms. Opening with an "eye opening" point to be made about "omnipresence" and it's definition and then ending with free speech and thought was really spot on! "Omnipresence" meaning everywhere all the time puts divinity residing in every thought, speech, and action. That certainly doesn't help the fundie cause at all, even though "omnipresence" is something that they've brought to the table. In the end, it's going to wreck their exclusionary and superiority agenda's.

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm 

I am grateful to you, Ms. Murdock (or Acharya) for this amazing book. Western religions have brainwashed many people, and have been the cause of too much damage in the world. These "Bible Thumpers" or "Holy Rollers" really have no clue as to what they believe in. Some of what you've written is new to me; some i have been aware of. It's comforting to know that an intelligent person, and free thinker such as yourself has finally made the truth available to the public. People need to know what true spirituality is all about.

Will Catholics or Muslims read your book? Probably not, but for those of us who admire you, it's a true blessing.

Ms. Murdock, you have my greatest respect and admiration.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

That's very kind of you, tomrom. Acharya always appreciates positive feedback - it's what keeps her going and her continued efforts to write more (because it certainly isn't for the money).

And, welcome to the party

The Mythicist Position

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:20 am 

It's very liberating to see my "zany" ideas confirmed in the presence of people like you/us/oneness. I like the statement that every idea or thought is important and vital to who we are as eternal and supra-eternal beings.

If we are alive and liberated from the various prisons that this society uses to try to stifle our "Godness" and have a mode of expression that puts to use our creative power then I think we all have a "Gospel" in our brains ready to be voiced.

Thank you for leading by example Acharya, Tat, and everyone here. I find that the universe/existence/the Isness has guided me to people like you in my life in order to release me from the bondage of religion and manipulators/deceivers found in many avenues of life. Yet even the "darkness" plays a role in our purpose and function here.

Thanks,
Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:53 pm 

I think it has to do with the struggle for balance (as I was born on October 8 and am a Libra). The opposites of our existence struggle to exist in harmony and I surmise it comes down to the core opposite which could vary from person to person yet in my opinion is being "vs." non-being. Does one have to be conscious if something for it to not be or to be? Shakespeare was voicing a universal question in my opinion.

Light and darkness are only two of the struggles of here or there. Perhaps different universes focus on different opposites. Ours may focus on good and evil, another may focus on light and dark, or perhaps expression and inexpression. Also consciousness and unconsciousness, limits and non-limits.

My dominant passion is to glean as much information and knowledge as I can for as long as I have breath in this biological body of mine.