It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:56 pm

All times are [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome! I want some!

There is a big debate about whether this particular design of wind turbine kills many birds, however.

Quote:
Hybrid Wind/Solar Power Generators for Homes & Businesses

These look pretty cool. And apparently they are getting quite popular in San Diego. They are small wind turbines combined with solar panels from DyoCore. The name of the product is SolAir.

Each SolAir device has three rotating blades, a 64” radius, and weighs approximately 60 lbs. A solar panel 40 square inches in size is integrated into the micro wind turbines. A SolAir can generate power in winds anywhere from 6 mph to 60 mph. As you can see in the photos above and below, SolAirs are often installed along the roof line of residential or commercial buildings, but they can be used in a variety of locations.

“The unique and proprietary design, including the small footprint, of the DyoCore SolAir products allows our distributors to design and install the system quickly for homeowners and businesses,” David Raines, CEO and founder of DyoCore, says.

The small wind feature combined with solar panels allows for electricity generation on sunny days with little wind or windy days with/without sun, making the SolAir product ideal for many parts of the country during almost any conditions.”...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:30 am 

Wow its great see a solar project like this which will help in pollution free environment in future.Projects like these must be taken seriously.

solar panels colorado

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 pm 

I've heard so many good things about these, it gets me excited as well.

Wind and Solar have gotten more and more popular. Yay to greener solutions!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:38 am 

Pardon me for resurrecting this thread. I'm just into Solar power these days. :lol: I've been reading a lot about solar power and I bumped into this article entitled: More builders crafting net-zero homes. Well, it's true that power bills are annoying. Nobody really likes them, but unless one is willing to live without electricity, there's little one can do about them. There are an increasing number of builders setting up “net zero” homes which generate their own power. Apparently,solar power is one of the fastest-growing sectors of the global energy market. The market for photovoltaic solar energy has enjoyed an average growth rate of about 40 percent over the last few years. As concerns about climate and energy supply issues are on the forefront of international politics, support for expansion of the solar energy business continue to be strong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:16 am 

I am thinking to installed Solar Panel System in Home ...............
Any body suggest me about this ???

All times are [ DST ]