It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:49 pm

All times are [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
I stumbled across this one today while looking for something else:

Code:
Challenging the Zeitgeist Movie: Alleged Parallels between Jesus and Ancient Pagan Religions

by Mark Foreman, PhD, Professor of Philosophy and Religion, Liberty University

http://epsociety.org/library/authors.asp?mode=profile&pid=75

I haven't read it because Dr. Mark Foreman charges $1.99, which is really weird since the movie Zeitgeist, the transcript, the Sourcebook and the primary source evidence along with scholar commentary on them to substantiate the claims were all made available for free. I guess the Lord really needs the money. It's probably just the usual extremely biased, bigoted trash we've come to expect. All I can see from it comes from this blog - johnpiippo. com /2011/02/zeitgeist. html

The odds are we've probably already addressed the rebuttals by Dr. Foreman throughout this forum such as:

Rebuttal to Dr. Chris Forbes concerning 'Zeitgeist, Part 1'

The New Zeitgeist Part 1 Sourcebook (August 2010) Transcript

Zeitgeist Part 1 & the Supportive Evidence

And many more.

In fact, we've addressed everything that we've come across. Notice how the anti-ZG1 and anti-Acharya crowd never share links back to any of Acharya's articles, excerpts, books, videos or to this very forum (freethoughtnation.com)? Because they don't want anybody to know the full facts about their religion; they are afraid of that. Our position here is that people all over the world have a RIGHT and a responsibility to be made fully aware of the origins, history and evolution of their religion, among other things, in appreciation of our own ancestors who created them.

Most of these so-called "Christian experts" tend to link to each others websites as if that adds credibility to their claims, which usually take people to websites we've already addressed here, such as:

JP Holding at Tektonics

KingDavid8.com Debunked

Preventing Truth Decay

Mike Licona

'Zeitgeist Refuted' Debunked

For more Christian apologists who've been exposed and debunked:

Dr. Chris Forbes on Zeitgeist part 1, DEBUNKED

Did Jesus Really Exist? by Dr. Paul Maier, DEBUNKED

Is Jesus a Myth? by S. Michael Houdmann, DEBUNKED

Shattering JP Holding's Anti-Mythicist book

William Lane Craig, DEBUNKED

ABR's "Analysis and Response to Zeitgeist", DEBUNKED

Christianity was influenced by pagan religion, James Bishop

Pagan Parallels: Achilles Heel of Christianity

Religion and the Ph.D.: A Brief History - a must read

And many more simply search the forum.

Quote:
"...As for this tiresome business about there being "no scholar" or "no serious scholar" who advocates the Christ Myth theory: Isn't it obvious that scholarly communities are defined by certain axioms in which grad students are trained, and that they will lose standing in those communities if they depart from those axioms? The existence of an historical Jesus is currently one of those. That should surprise no one, especially with the rightward lurch of the Society for Biblical Literature in recent years. It simply does not matter how many scholars hold a certain opinion.... "

- Dr. Robert Price, Biblical Scholar with two Ph.D's

* The entire issue surrounding the Zeitgeist part 1 controversy comes down to 2 things:

1. The overwhelming evidence of solar mythology & astrotheology found worldwide as far back into history as we can go.

2. The very severe lack of credible evidence for the existence of Jesus.

These 2 subjects intersect in many ways and must be examined together. It is my contention that we will never fully understand our modern religious beliefs unless and until we also understand the mythological and astrotheological aspects of our history. Mainstream academia omits these 2 aspects for the most part. We can argue about the details forever - detractors can disagree with Acharya all they want but it still comes down to those 2 issues from above.

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Again, as mentioned above, since I don't have Dr. Foreman's audio for $1.99 about Zeitgeist all I have to go on comes from the blog at johnpiippo. com /2011/02/zeitgeist. html who claims to have the audio. He claims to quote from Dr. Foreman's audio:

Dr. Foreman wrote:
"One thing that is in error is the claim that Sirius follows the 3 stars/kings in Orion’s belt, that on Dec. 25 they align that way. The fact is they align that way every night. There’s nothing special that happens on December 25."

So, where is the error? Dr. Foreman has made the error himself by misunderstanding what Zeitgeist actually said there:

Zeitgeist part 1 wrote:
"... The Three Kings and the brightest star, Sirius, all point to the place of the sunrise on December 25th. This is why the Three Kings “follow” the star in the east, in order to locate the sunrise — the birth of the sun."

Notice how he says "POINT to the PLACE of the sunrise"? He's not talking about the sunrise itself there so, that error alone debunks Dr. Foreman's entire premise on that issue. Anybody can see Orion and Sirius moving east across the night sky POINTING to the PLACE of the sunrise. It's a noob error as anybody who's spent any time looking at the stars already knows that one cannot see the stars when the sun is up, DUHH! That's why astronomers work at night, silly, and usually as far away from city lights as possible!

Zeitgeist never claimed that it only happened on only one night so, this is merely a straw man argument from Dr. Foreman, and a pathetic one at that. Zeitgeist Part 1 is only around 25 minutes long so, it never intended to cover everything, obviously, but it sure did hit a nerve didn't it? I wish people like Dr. Foreman had the integrity to be equally critical of their own religion. Dr. Mark Foreman should read what professional a astronomer, Dr. Edwin C. Krupp, director of the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, has to say about all this.

It sure sounds like somebody is really working overly hard to disagree with even the most basic facts. The quote above gives us a clue or red flag that what we can expect from Dr. Foreman is probably going to be an endless stream of special pleading. Those within view can go outside and see for oneself the constellation of Orion and his belt (the three kings) and notice that it does in fact point in the general direction of the coming sun rise - the ancients noticed it too.

What's different about December 25th? Duhh, the winter solstice! Solstice actually means, "sun stands still." The sun just happens to appear to stand still (from an earthly perspective) for about three days. It happens at the summer solstice as well, which just happens to be the birthdate of John the Baptist known as St. John's Day. Christianity has so severely severed the winter solstice from the origins of Christmas type celebrations that Christians for the most part forget that the solstice even exists. They certainly aren't aware that the winter solstice was the basis for Christmas type festivals in the pre-Christian Pagan world, which includes the symbolic death of the sun god for three days in a cave or tomb on the solstice only to resurrect, re-birth or rise anew on December 25th when the sun begins its journey back north again bringing with it spring and eventually summer once again.

The Dec 25th date (or any other) itself isn't important. It's the fact that Dec 25th represents the day when the sun god resurrects from his symbolic death from the cave or tomb. Regardless of the calendar used what it really comes down to is the winter solstice and three days later.

Easter includes another three day period. Remember Good Friday to Easter Sunday? Scholars refer to this three day period as a Triduum. Christmas and Easter are the most popular celebrations for Christianity and both have their origin in pre-Christian Pagan religion thousands of years before Christianity or Jesus was ever heard of. The evidence for all this may be found throughout Acharya's books, articles, excerpts, videos and astrotheology calendars.

3 Kings/Orion's Belt & Solstice/Christmas

Dr. Foreman wrote:
"It is also false that on Dec. 25 these three stars in Sirius point to the sunrise."

LOL, I, and many others here, have seen this for ourselves simply by stepping outside to look at the stars this time of year. Just a few nights ago in fact. These utterly pathetic attempts to debunk Zeitgeist part 1 with such ignorant claims are a complete waste of my time. Dr. Foreman apparently didn't make an effort to check anything and was apparently even too lazy to step outside to see it for himself.

Dr. Foreman wrote:
"The film argues that the story of Jesus Christ is a myth, incorporating various aspects of other pagan religions. This is called “the pagan copycat theory.” The idea is that Christianity is just a “copycat” of other religions that are out there."

Here's an FAQ addressed long ago: What about the copycat theory?

Dr. Foreman wrote:
“’Zeitgeist’ is parallelomania on steroids.”

LOL, typical hand-waving dismissal of the facts and evidence we've come to expect from religious devotees. It's soooo much easier to make such absurd claims rather than perform any investigation into the matter. They're afraid to perform even a cursory investigation into the matter for fear of what they may find. Dr. Foreman, more honest Christian New Testament scholars admit:
Quote:
"...Christian scholars over the centuries have admitted that ... "there are parallels between the Mysteries and Christianity"1 and that "the miracle stories of the Gospels do in fact parallel literary forms found in pagan and Jewish miracle stories,"2 "...According to Form Criticism the Gospels are more like folklore and myth than historical fact."3

1. Metzger, HLS, 8.
2. Meier, II, 536.
3. Geisler, CA, 320.

- Who Was Jesus? 259, from here.

Are those highly credentialed and highly respected Christian scholars just "parallelomaniacs," Dr. Foreman?

Dr Price has two relevant Ph.D's in biblical scholarship and states in his review:
Quote:
"...I find it undeniable that many of the epic heroes and ancient patriarchs and matriarchs of the Old Testament were personified stars, planets, and constellations..."

"[Horus] is pictured as spanning the dome of heaven, his arms stretched out in a cruciform pattern."

"The book is more extensive and encompassing than many dissertations I have read, containing over 900 sources and nearly 2,400 citations in several languages, including ancient Egyptian. The text abounds in long lost references many of them altogether new to English rendering, including de novo translations of difficult passages in handwritten German...."

"I find myself in full agreement with Acharya S/D.M. Murdock..."

Dr. Foreman wrote:
"This is an old idea. There is nothing new here. Many people, when they first see “Zeitgeist,” think “Wow – I have never heard that before!” Zeitgeist-parallelomania was propagated in the late-18th century on Germany by a school called the religionsgeschichte school, the “history of religions” school...”

Already addressed long ago:

Does Acharya rely on 18th and 19th century sources?

Quote:
"...When discussing, for instance, the Egyptian mythology as put forth by Gerald Massey, it is imperative to keep in mind that until the discovery of the Rosetta Stone by Napoleon's troops in 1799 and the subsequent translation of such by Champollion in 1822, no one could read Egyptian hieroglyphs! So, at that point, a huge amount of data previously undeciphered and unknown finally became available. To recap, before 1822 no one could read Egyptian hieroglyphs, so how would all these details come out before Massey?..."

- The Use of 19th Century Writings

Dr. Foreman wrote:
"...The reason it died out what that critical scholars looked at it and said, “There’s actually no evidence to support it at all.”

LOL, this is a falsehood.

Quote:
"Murdock was a major consultant for this movie"

Well, a quick consultation at the last minute for part 1 only, which resulted in the official version.

Dr. Foreman wrote:
"Her work has even been debunked by Robert Price who himself ultimately agrees with idea that Jesus never existed."

LOL, even a cursory check would've produced the fact that Dr. Robert Price removed his old review of Christ Conspiracy way back in 04ish - almost 8 years ago. Dr. Price has since then written the foreword to her book entitled, Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ, as well as strong positive reviews of her books such as Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection. Of course, that doesn't stop theists or atheists from attempting to bludgeon her to death with an 11 year old review removed by the author himself nearly 8 years ago.

Dr. Foreman wrote:
"There is evidence that the Christian church adopted Dec. 25 from pagan religions and used it for the birth of Christ. But that happened in the 4th century, not the 1st century. So it is not original, not an “origins” thing. For the Zeitgeistian parallelomaniac to make her case she has to show that there is a 1st-century pagan influence on Christianity that created the myth of Jesus."

LOL, She has done precisely that and if Dr. Foreman actually read her work it would've been impossible to miss. Acharya S/Murdock has written several books totaling nearly 3,000 pages of material including over 7,456 footnotes/citations to primary sources and the works of highly credentialed and respected authorities in relevant fields of study from a wide variety of backgrounds, including many Christian scholars, adding up to over 2,314 bibliographical sources. Her books also include 456+ images thus far. She works hard to substantiate her claims with credible evidence and sources specifically due to the fact that this subject is so contentious.

The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold by Acharya S (Jul 1, 1999)
Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled by Acharya S (Sep 1, 2004)
Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ by D.M. Murdock, Acharya S (Nov 28, 2007)
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection by D.M. Murdock/Acharya S (Feb 28, 2009)
The Gospel According to Acharya S (2009)
Man Made God: A Collection of Essays by Barbara G. Walker (2010)
Anahita: Ancient Persian Goddess and Zoroastrian Yazata (2013)
Bart Ehrman and the Quest of the Historical Jesus of Nazareth: An Evaluation of Ehrman s Did Jesus Exist? (2013)
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver by D.M. Murdock/Acharya S (2014)

LOL, The 2010 Astrotheology Calendar specifically states:

"The numerous festivals in the wandering Egyptian calendar have been affixed in the Astrotheology Calendar to when they would have occurred in the first year of the common era, specifically so we can see when they would have been celebrated during the creation of Christianity.

The 2010 Astrotheology Calendar contains information never-before published in any of Acharya's books and provides a fascinating and striking view of how certain aspects of comparative religion have developed over the centuries, including and especially as concerns the deliberate appropriation and Christianization of various Pagan holidays."


Quote:
"The 25 December was observed as his birthday, the natalis invicti, the rebirth of the winter-sun, unconquered by the rigours of the season." "But Our Lord, too, is born in the month of December ... the eight before the calends of January [25 December] ..., But they call it the 'Birthday of the Unconquered'. Who indeed is so unconquered as Our Lord ...? Or, if they say that it is the birthday of the Sun, He is the Sun of Justice."

Catholic Enc: Christmas
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03724b.htm

Quote:
Natalis Invicti:

"The well-known solar feast, however, of Natalis Invicti, celebrated on 25 December, has a strong claim on the responsibility for our December date. For the history of the solar cult, its position in the Roman Empire, and syncretism with Mithraism..."

Catholic Enc: Mithraism
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10402a.htm

If Dr. Foreman has a problem with this then he'll need to take it up with the Catholic Encyclopedia. It appears that Dr. Foreman doesn't know very much about any of this at all.

Justin Martyr stated in his first apology around 150 CE:
Quote:
"And when we say also that the Word, who is the first-birth of God, was produced without sexual union, and that He, Jesus Christ, our Teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven, we propound nothing different from what you [PAGANS] believe regarding those whom you esteem sons of Jupiter. For you know how many sons your esteemed writers ascribed to Jupiter: Mercury, the interpreting word and teacher of all; Æsculapius, who, though he was a great physician, was struck by a thunderbolt, and so ascended to heaven; and Bacchus too, after he had been torn limb from limb; and Hercules, when he had committed himself to the flames to escape his toils; and the sons of Leda, and Dioscuri; and Perseus, son of Danae; and Bellerophon, who, though sprung from mortals, rose to heaven on the horse Pegasus. For what shall I say of Ariadne, and those who, like her, have been declared to be set among the stars? And what of the emperors who die among yourselves, whom you deem worthy of deification, and in whose behalf you produce some one who swears he has seen the burning Caesar rise to heaven from the funeral pyre?..."

So there's Justin Martyr admitting to quite a handful of parallels right there in around 150 CE NOT the 18th/19th century as Dr. Foreman and others claim. Does that make Justin Martyr a "parallelomaniac," Dr. Foreman? The parallels do not have to be exact carbon copies and, in fact, it's absurd to expect them to be. These concepts have evolved over time with similarities and differences due to environment, culture and era, plus, competition with each other. The point is that the CONCEPTS existed throughout the Egyptian religion and influenced many religions including Christianity.

Several early Christian writers connected the rebirth of the sun to the birth of Jesus:

"O, how wonderfully acted Providence that on that day on which that Sun was born ... Christ should be born"
- Cyprian, source: Catholic Enc.: Christmas

Quote:
"Over a century ago, renowned British Egyptologist Sir Dr. E.A. Wallis Budge (1857-1934), a Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities at the British Museum, as well as a confessed Christian, remarked that a study tracing the “influence of ancient Egyptian religious beliefs and mythology on Christianity” would “fill a comparatively large volume.” Since Dr. Budge’s time, for a variety of reasons, including the seemingly irreconcilable academic gap between historians and theologians, no one has taken up the call to produce such a volume—until now..."

- Christ in Egypt, Preface

So, what we have today is the same old thing; people like Acharya S, and many others, getting abused and derogated for trying to explain Egyptian and other myths in a format that Christians could understand.

Quote:
"Foreman then points out 7 fallacies "Zeitgeist" commits."

And they are about as worthless as his arguments addressed above. Pathetic. If these are the best arguments from Dr. Foreman then, I see no reason I should waste any more of time.

Feel free to post this thread at johnpiippo. com /2011/02/zeitgeist. html and wherever else this ignorant non-sense by Dr. Foreman is posted. Here's his bio: liberty. edu/academics/arts-sciences/philosophy/index. cfm?PID=2240

Dr. Foreman is welcome to come here and prove us all wrong (hopefully for free).

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
The Mythicist Position - video (read the links in the information box)




What is a Mythicist?

The Evemerist vs. Mythicist Position

The Origins of Christianity

And just so people don't assume that we're just picking on Christianity ...

The Origins of Islam

Acharya's work addresses most all relevant religions not just the Abrahamic religions.

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:17 pm
Posts: 2301
Location: Everywhere
You're right, nothing but a alot of the same old, same old apologetics. I guess the problem is that people like Foreman have no idea that everything they're trying to raise are unoriginal apologetics first and foremost, and secondly that the apologetics have already been ripped to shreds more than one time over and by more than any one person. Unless they've come to our website or something like that how would a guy like Foreman know that his thoughts on the matter are entirely unoriginal?

Peter Joseph ought to put out a new internet movie purely focused on showing everyone the basic apologetics (theist or atheist) that resulted as a backlash from ZG part 1 and provide the answers that apply to all of the backlash apologetics. At least that way there'd be some originized video going around on the internet that addresses every possible apologetic scenario that keeps arising over and over again. A movie like that could basically take the wind out of everyone's sails before they ever get going with what they think are original apologetic ideas.

If there were such a thing in circulation Foreman couldn't have even produced this nonsense in the first place because every point he'd like to raise would have already been raised and addressed in a popular internet movie - with PJ's name attached to it ensuring popularity - that just about everyone would know about because it's too popular to miss (like the ZG movies). We have the ZG part 1 source book (which requires finding and reading) and all sorts of youtube video responses made by lesser known people that address just about every apologetic scenario, so it would probably be best to produce a follow up film to ZG part 1 to get these lesser known peoples work known to the masses. But the problem is that PJ seems to have pretty much given up on taking any interest in the mythicism stink that he started by producing ZG the movie in the first place. And the guy ought to take a little interest in following through with what he started....

_________________
The Jesus Mythicist Creed:
The "Jesus Christ" of the New Testament is a fictional composite of characters, real and mythical. A composite of multiple "people" is no one.

ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 2142
If we are "parallelomaniacs," then these individuals are "parallelophobes."

It is true that some comparisons have been overstretched by past mythicists - over the years, I've striven to find these inaccuracies and correct them - but most have been desperately swept under the rug and falsely denied, as if the true believers are simply and irrationally terrified of them.

Based on the hysterical parallelophobia, it is further evident that this "parallelomania" is a serious Achilles's heel of Christian claims.

Despite all the frantic handwaving dismissals and redirects, it is clear that the bulk of "unique divine revelation" contained in the New Testament comes from Jewish scriptures and practices combined with Pagan mythology and ritual.

_________________
Why suffer from Egyptoparallelophobia, when you can read Christ in Egypt? Try it - you'll like it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:45 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 pm
Posts: 2
Hi, my very first post here. Mark Foreman made a video (it's free) refuting Zeitgeist claims, and he talks a lot about Acharya S.

http://vimeo.com/39513078


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Were you formerly a member here known as 'GreekOrthodoxy'?

I assume this one is you ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Pilgrim1411

As you can see above, Dr. Foreman and the video has already been addressed.

Your video "Re:Re: Horus and Jesus" discusses Dr. Trygge N.D. Mettinger and his book, "The Riddle of Resurrection" at around 1 minute. It has been addressed long ago in the Dying and Rising Gods thread on page 9.

Also see:

What about the copycat theory?

ISIS IS A VIRGIN MOTHER!!!

"The Pyramid Texts speak of "the great virgin" (Hwn.t wr.t) three times (682c, 728a, 2002a, cf. 809c)" ...

"In a text in the Abydos Temple of Seti I, Isis herself declares: "I am the great virgin"
- Christ in Egypt, page 152,

"The Egyptian goddess who was equally 'the Great Virgin' (hwnt) and 'Mother of the God' was the object of the very same praise bestowed upon her successor [Mary, Virgin Mother of Jesus]."
- Dr. Witt, an Egyptologist, Christ in Egypt, 120

* Pyramid Texts are 4,400 years old

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
I noticed that Dr. Mark Foreman has written a chapter in the book:

Code:
'Come Let Us Reason: New Essays in Christian Apologetics' by Paul Copan and William Lane Craig
http://www.amazon.com/Come-Let-Reason-Christian-Apologetics/dp/1433672200/

Chapter 11, by Dr. Mark Foreman, "Challenging the Zeitgeist Movie: Parallelomania on Steroids"

I've gone through ch. 11 on Google books and it is obviously full of the exact same load of crap that's already been exposed and debunked throughout this forum and Acharya's books repeatedly. Mark Foreman's youtube videos and lectures just mock, ridicule and poke fun at all the Zeitgeist claims but, the fact is that the primary sources and scholar commentary on them proving Mark Foreman and countless other Christian apologists wrong still remain. I especially love how all these Christian apologists from Jerry Falwells 'Liberty University' "Training Champions for Christ since 1971" pretend to be experts on every other religion now. :lol:

He even puts what he believes is Acharya's name in the book, a name she has never used yet, Christians are already trying to cite it at her Wiki page:

Why does Acharya S use a pen name?

Skip to 5 minutes -

Pagan parallels to Jesus? (by Dr. Mark Foreman)


The long version: watch?v=k5KHA9f6kHs

Notice again his method and tactics are merely to mock, ridicule and poke fun at all the Zeitgeist claims but, the fact is that the primary sources and scholar commentary on them proving Mark Foreman and countless other Christian apologists wrong still remain and there's nothing any Christian apologist can do about that.

I certainly do appreciate Dr. Foreman admitting that Zeitgeist part 1 has been very popular. It has now been viewed over 300 million times in nearly 3 dozen languages worldwide proving that people are very interested in the subject of astrotheology and mythicism and want to learn more.

By the way, most of the members of this forum here at Freethought Nation were former Christians who got tired of being misled and deceived by Christianity. I don't know anybody who appreciates being lied to so, the backlash should be no surprise that people are walking away from Christianity in droves and I don't blame them and I'm a former saved, baptized evangelical of nearly 20 years. Perhaps walking away from Christianity is simply the right thing to do for those of us who prefer credible evidence over faith and accuracy over euphoria.

Faith and euphoria should never trump credible evidence that actually exists. Otherwise, Christianity and the other Abrahamic religions and others are just teaching people how to be so delusional and irrational and unreasonable that a decent and honest conversation can never take place. Remember, the Abrahamic religions teach that eventually 2/3rds the worlds population will be destroyed at the 'End Times' - all non-believers of course.

I got news for you - we are here to stay.

"When the debate is lost and over, slander becomes the tool of the loser"
- Socrates

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Attributed to Gandhi

"A lie can travel halfway round the world while the truth is putting on its shoes"
- Mark Twain

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Historian, Sir Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-71)

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 2142
My Response to Mark Foreman

I'm so sick of these sleazy and mendacious upholders of the faith at all costs, including lying and bullying, that I have taken the unusual step of writing directly to Mr. Foreman (mforeman@liberty.edu) to express my displeasure at his unethical and shameful behavior.

Since I know he will continue to behave unethically by posting my letter wherever he can in order to assault me further with his typical Christian method of ridicule and intimidation into submission, I am including it here for all the world to see.

Quote:
Mr. Foreman:

I understand that you have made videos and written a book in which you pretend to know my real name, contemptuously calling me by this purported name, as if you are familiar with me. Since I have never provided you or anyone else with my real name, I am wondering why you think you are entitled to call me by any such familiar moniker? You have never been given any authority to use any name of mine in any situation. If I had the resources, I would have a lawyer contact your publisher to have your book pulped for reasons of harassment and intimidation.

Under the advice of law enforcement and as a victim of violent crime who had her small child abducted out of her arms, I do not give out my personal information. It is frankly shameful, disgraceful and unprofessional of you to be running around under such pretenses of knowing me personally. You do not.

Furthermore, your "debunking" of my work has been refuted repeatedly, but you ignore the FACTS and resort merely to ridicule and fallacies. If you would like to know the FACTS about the issues, rather than upholding your unfounded cultic views through unscrupulous and sordid means, you are welcome to study the subjects, in multiple languages, from primary sources dating back thousands of years. A search of my websites and forums would have revealed that we have rebutted your pretensions quite thoroughly.

You can start here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3977

Please feel free also to follow the links, such as the one rebutting Chris Forbes, who repeats the same discredited apologies as you do.

Your behavior thus has been discovered to be unethical on a number of issues, including the disreputable use of what you think is my name, a form of bullying that, if it were my real name, would expose my family to possible peril.

Cheers.

D.M. Murdock/Acharya S
Author, The Christ Conspiracy, Suns of God, Who Was Jesus?, Christ in Egypt, The Gospel According to Acharya S and The Astrotheology Calendar series
http://TruthBeKnown.com
http://StellarHousePublishing.com
http://TBKNews.blogspot.com
http://FreethoughtNation.com
http://www.Examiner.com/freethought-in- ... -m-murdock

P.S. Knowing fully well that, rather than behaving ethically, you will probably post my letter on your website and continued your sustained non-factual assault filled with ridicule and error, I have already posted it on my forum, on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.

_________________
Why suffer from Egyptoparallelophobia, when you can read Christ in Egypt? Try it - you'll like it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5205
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Pagan Parallels: Achilles Heel of Christianity

_________________
Astrotheology.Net
Mythicists United
Did Moses Exist? The Myth of the Israelite Lawgiver
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
2015 Astrotheology Calendar
Astrotheology Calendar Special
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube
The Mythicist Position


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Truth Be Known | Stellar House Publishing
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Live Support